Hunter Pilot 27 (Engine commissioned)
Advert added to marketplace: 4th November 2019
A unique opportunity to own an unused model of this popular twin keel Hunter Pilot 27, a 4 to 5 berth cruising yacht designed by the highly successful yacht designer, David Thomas (also designer of the Sonata, the Red Fox 200 and the Horizon 21). All the remaining un-fitted kit (except mast) has been carefully dry stored. As a consquence an owner could expect many years of sailing before the need to replace/repair major items of equipment becomes an issue.
The Hunter offers a great balance of both racing and cruising performance with a large double berth in the forward cabin and an enclosed raised pilot house featuring an additional steering station – really useful when things start to get rough! Beneath the cockpit to starboard is a double cabin with a seat and a lobby area.
Hunter boats have a strong following today, with a very active owner community who organise fun sailing and social events and are ready to support new owners with their knowledge and experience. See https://www.hunterassociation.org.uk/
She was delivered in 1997 as a self-build project and has been well looked after and partly fitted out as described below.
This is an ideal first boat project, as the work involved isn’t huge and all of the fittings and equipment are ready to go. Anyone with reasonable DIY skills and some spare weekends should be more than capable.
She’s provided with all of the original equipment, including sails, rigging, fittings, lining material, cushions, wood work, plywood etc. All of which have been dry stored and with the exception of paint, glue etc. are generally in very good un-used condition. The Nanni 2.5 HE engine was factory fitted and commissioned as above. In the future it will be run for a short while on a monthly basis.
Work completed so far
- Access hatches and port-lights (except transom port un-glazed for ventilation)
- All deck rigging fittings
- Pulpit & Push-pit, guard-rail stanchions
- Manual bilge pump plumbed
- Internally the hydraulic steering position is complete
- Hydraulic steering system pipework, ram etc. installed and primed
- Adjacent instrument panel door is fitted without instrument cutouts
- Calorifier mounted but not plumbed
- Fuel tank installed, tank compartment has valved drain to after cabin under bunk space
- Eberspacer heater ducting is routed below gas locker thru to wet locker via aluminium tube epoxied to both bulkheads.
Listings of all builders kit items and own purchases are available
See Flickr web site for more photos:-
If this sounds like the project for you and you’d like to know more about it then please just get in touch with me at [email protected]